Thursday, February 21, 2008

WOW Paris

Never made it further than Cancun John lol

I got crushed when I was younger and tried trading. First time I tried the in and out every 20 minutes method and thats a DISASTER!!!!! Then I tried the buy and hold long term and you go from a-b-c-b-c-d-c-d-c-b-a WASTE OF TIME

I'm good at finding ranges and if I book a profit and the stock keeps running, so what!! I can buy back in if I want but if I don't book and it pulls back, guess what? Missed out on those profits.

Hope you're enjoying your trip

Joe

1 comment:

John said...

Heh,

I first bought AAPL a few years back; been an Apple computer owner since 1990, kind of realized one measure of rating for the value of a product is how do YOU use it in your daily life. When I got older and had a few bucks to invest, I chose AAPL, and made me a nice 20% on that...

=)

...than got some more powder beginning of this year, and AAPL fired back BIG TIME.

=(

Following different blogs about alternative info, caught up on the reality of the economy vs. the media babble and set my mind into PM. That's when I found GIM.

First foray into gold for me is ( you guessed it ) SA; I feel like holding a little bit more, and I reckon you share this opinion, since you bought back into at around 28$.

Going to a meeting with Etrade representatives tomorrow here in Paris; need to set up an account if I want to extend the range of markets I want to be able to invest into. My bank is kind of partial to the usual suspects and no TSX or OTC for me until I find a new broker...

Saturday I'm catching my plane to Beijing but I will try and follow 'the scene'.

Hopefully won't have to make a transaction from an internet cafe' in China; kind of scares me with all the security issues.

The moment I sell my SA I am ready to reinvest and diversify ( feeling a little overexposed without any producer in the portfolio ); maybe the Etrade account will be reality by then so that I can follow your moves and learn a few tricks.

Cheers