Wednesday, March 5, 2008

FWIW

You guys all seem to know what you're doing but I just wanted to share one bit of advice that I use

If you book a profit and the stock keeps going higher like when I booked and shorted Yamana at $19.09 and it ran to like $19.39, in the past i'd be pissed and try to get back in and screw everything all up. If I can even book in 3-4% bunches then I could give a fvck what happens after I sell.

You guys seem to see the ranges just like I do which is the most important thing. The only thing in the way is the mental part of it.

1 comment:

Peter said...

It's great advise Joe. In fact please continue to reinforce this lesson because my emotions sometimes get the best of me, and I will get pissed when I miss the end of a big rally. It was a big problem in my earlier trading days.

After losing 5%, a 5% gain will not get your money back, it's always better to preserve your capital. It took me a while to get this.